APNA Online Learning
The IV Cannulation course is designed to provide you with an understanding of the steps of Intravenous Cannulation, special considerations and complications. The course has been designed to cover the theorectical components of IV Cannulation Insertion, practical components of IV Cannulation must be undertaken with appropriate supervision.
Course Learning Objectives
On completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify reasons for inserting an intravenous cannula
- Recall the key themes when educating patients who are undergoing intravenous cannulation
- Identify key criteria for selecting an appropriate vein prior to inserting an intravenous cannula
- Describe those additional factors that need to be considered prior to inserting an intravenous cannula
- Recall the step-by-step process for safely inserting an intravenous cannula, and
- Identify the potential complications associated with performing an IV Cannulation and how these complications can be avoided.
This module is comprised of the following sections:
- Finding a Vein
- Performing IV Cannulation
- Considerations and Complications
Total hours of learning: 1 hour
Price including GST.
$38.50 inc GST for Non-APNA Members / $28.88 for APNA Members
IV Cannulation has been developed as a joint project between e3Learning and Grampians Health Service. The content has been reviewed by APNA to ensure it is grounded in the practice context experienced by nurses in the primary care sector.