APNA Online Learning
Please note: The APNA Online Learning course Immunisation 2013 is currently being revised to reflect the clinical recommendations in the newly released 10th Edition Handbook. We recommend visiting the Department of Health and Ageing websiteand downloading the 10th Edition Handbook, to ensure you are aware of the new clinical recommendations relating to immunisation.
The revised Immunisation 2013 online learning course will be available in the coming weeks. For further information please contact Brie Woods at Brie.Woods@apna.asn.au or via phone on (03) 9669 7411.
‘Immunisation 2013’ is an online learning program suitable for primary health care nurses in the general practice settings who are keen to update their immunisation knowledge.This course has been developed by APNA together with the Australian Divisions of General Practice, the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, has developed online immunisation education modules for primary health care nurses. This is an interactive and enjoyable way to learn, and provides useful links to other sources of information. This course can be accessed via the computer and internet and be used by primary health care nurses to update immunisation knowledge.
This course does not enable a practice nurse to become an accredited immuniser.
On completion of this module, participants will have an understanding of:
• the process of pre-vaccination counselling and appropriate techniques for vaccine administration
• the ways to obtain vaccinations and methods for appropriate transport
• the relationship between the immune system and vaccine action
• the principles of travel vaccination and appropriate travel health advice
• vaccine administration regulations and nurse responsibility
• the issues related to vaccination in special risk groups and develop a vaccination policy and program
Total hours of learning:
$80.00 inc GST / APNA members $60.00
1. Vaccination Processes
2. Practice Issues
3. Basics of Immunisation
4. Awareness and Prevention
5. Medico-legal Issues
6. Special Risk Groups
For more information on Immunisation 2013, please visit www.apna.asn.au/onlinelearning