APNA Continuing Education Workshops for Nurses in General Practice
Want to expand your clinical knowledge and professional skills in an interactive, locally-based education workshop?
APNA is pleased to be delivering a national series of workshops to facilitate education and networking for nurses working in general practice. Between March 2014 and June 2015, a total of 13 workshops will be held throughout Australia including all capital cities.
Please note earlybird registration closes two weeks (Friday) prior to each workshop.
Earlybird: APNA member $250 / non-member $350
Standard: APNA member $290 / non-member $390
Victoria - Melbourne, 21-22 March
Tasmania - Hobart, 4-5 April
Western Australia - Perth, 2-3 May
South Australia - Adelaide, 20-21 June
Queensland - Brisbane, 25-26 July
Australian Capital Territory - Canberra, 15-16 August
Queensland - Friday 29 and Saturday 30 August 2014
Rydges Southbank Townsville
Earlybird registration extended to Friday 22 August - REGISTER ONLINE
Townsville workshop program
New South Wales - Friday 24 and Saturday 25 October 2014
The Portside Centre Sydney (CBD)
Earlybird registrations closes Friday 10 October - REGISTER ONLINE
Sydney workshop program
APNA’s Continuing Education Workshops for Nurses in General Practice include:
- Two day registration
- Morning/afternoon tea and lunch on both days
- Certificate with recognition of up to 10 CPD hours
- Practical tools and resources designed for nurses working in primary care
- APNA Endorsed according to approved quality standards
Designed and facilitated by nurses, with a range of outstanding presenters from across disciplines, these workshops offer nurses working in primary care an engaging opportunity to network and update their expertise in:
- Lifestyle and weight management: How nurses in general practice can lead the way in supporting patients to balance health, weight and happiness
- Nurse clinics: Innovative strategies to establish your own nurse clinic
- Venous leg ulcers: A new perspective using compression
- Immunisation: How can you increase rates in your practice?
- Innovative ways to support your work using MBS and the PNIP
- Nurses as leaders in cardiovascular disease management
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Identifying patients at risk
- Managing COPD: The role of the nurse in general practice
- Travel Health Consultation: A Practical Approach
- The progress of nursing Australian general practice: Opportunities, information and answers
Includes a keynote presentation on Lifestyle and Weight Management from Dr Rick Kausman, author of If not dieting, then what? Dr Rick Kausman, a medical doctor based in Melbourne, is recognised as the Australian pioneer of the person-centred approach to wellbeing and healthy weight management. He has many years of experience in the field of weight management and offering training to health professionals throughout Australia and overseas.
If you have any queries about these workshops please contact Murphy Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9669 7400.