APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
APNA Endorsement Program
APNA is committed to supporting primary health care nurses in developing their knowledge and skills. APNA aims to support, facilitate and promote professional development opportunities to its members and subscribers.
Continuing professional development (CPD) is an essential part of a nurse’s role, to ensure they are current with the latest clinical teaching and they fulfill their AHPRA registration requirements.
Click here to see a list of APNA's endorsed educational learning activities.
What is APNA endorsement?
APNA Endorsement is a process by which CPD activities are peer reviewed by multiple nurse experts and validated against a set of quality standards. Primary health care nurses undertaking APNA Endorsed activities can be confident that they are relevant, professionally delivered and include a formal evaluation.
Why have your educational activity endorsed?
Having your CPD activity endorsed by APNA is a great way to ensure that it is fit-for-purpose for primary health care nurses. We can also promote your CPD activity to our members and subscribers to ensure that nurses know that your quality education is available for them.
Benefits of APNA Endorsement:
- Ensure your CPD activity meets the needs of primary health care nurses
- Evidence that your activity has been reviewed by multiple nurse experts and that the education is based in best practice guidelines
- Listing of your education activity on APNA’s website for nurses to find
- Endorsed activity directly promoted to APNA’s 24,000+ members and subscribers
- Allows the use of APNA’s endorsement logo for your marketing purposes.
The aims of APNA endorsement are:
- To guide organisations in the standards required by the profession.
- To encourage organisations to adopt best practice educational principles when developing CPD activities.
- To recognise APNA members’ commitment to CPD and guide participants in the allocation of appropriate CPD hours for the purpose of meeting their requirements under national registration.
- Provide the opportunity for education providers to receive feedback from APNA, ensuring endorsed activities accurately reflect the primary health care nursing context and scope of practice.
- An easy way for APNA members to find endorsed CPD on topics they seek to expand their knowledge on.
- For APNA to advertise quality education to its nursing database.
What educational activity can be endorsed by APNA?
Any continuing professional development activity for Australian primary health care nurses may be submitted for endorsement.
How much does it cost?
APNA provides options for endorsement including and excluding direct promotion by APNA to its members and subscribers. See the application forms attached at the bottom of this page for more information.
A non-for-profit and bulk discount is available, please email email@example.com for more information.
How to apply
The completed application form, attached below, along with all supporting documents and payment must be submitted to APNA. Once the application and payment has been confirmed, applications are forwarded to nominated APNA assessors for adherence to the quality standards. All APNA assessors have advanced knowledge in various specialties. Applications may be submitted at any time; however applicants should acknowledge the time taken to complete an application process to ensure sufficient time is granted before the proposed date of each activity.
Please note, the application process may take up to 4-6 weeks.
For more information, please refer to the application forms attached below. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org