Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Transition to Practice Program
APNA has Transition to Practice Programs (TPP) available to nurses and organisations (including PHNs).
APNA's TPP provides an evidence-based framework of education over 12-months to nurses who have transitioned to primary health care and feel they would benefit from additional support.
APNA has proven experience working with PHNs and other organisations to deliver support and capacity building of nurses and their team within primary health care. Especially for nurses who are transitioning to primary health care. APNA’s Transition to Practice Program aims to build the knowledge, skills and confidence of nurses who have moved into a new primary health care setting, through an evidence-based supportive program.
Find out more about each program:
- NiPHC Transition to Practice Program 2018-2022 funded by the Australian Government Department of Health (next intake TBC)
- Rural and remote nurses - Health Workforce Queensland Supported Transition to Practice Bundles available now
- PHN and Organisation funded Transition to Practice Program available to purchase and tailor to the needs of your nurses
- View some of the education offered in the programs
- APNA has over 150 CPD hours on offer during the programs
- Education is divided up as
- Core: education crucial for nurses to know within their first 12 months
- Key: education important for nurses to know within their first 12 months and
- Optional activities: additional education available in or outside of the program
- An online self-assessment tool to assist nurses with prioritising and planning their education needs throughout the program.
Translating theory into practice
- Regular small group learning is facilitated by experienced registered primary health care nurse (or nurse practitioners) with four or more years experience in primary health care to support the Transitioning Nurses
- The programs focus on developing the transitioning nurses' skills development, career, and personal skills development and growth.
- Experienced nurses are invited to apply and get involved in the program as a facilitator to grow your career through education and learning
- All participants are required to provide regular feedback about the program to APNA.
APNA Program support:
- All participants are supported by APNA throughout the program.
- APNA is happy to work with your PHN or organisaiton to create a Transition to Practice program that meets your needs
- Rebekah Cox: Program Manager
- Rosie Oldham: Project Officer
email@example.com or 1300 303 184
Please note this information is subject to change.
Also in this section
NiPHC Transition to Practice Program
Information about the NiPHC Transition to Practice Program
A Transitioning Nurses Story
A Transitioning Nurses journey through APNA's NiPHC Transition to Practice Program
A Mentors story
A mentors journey through APNA's NiPHC Transition to Practice Program