Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Transition to Practice Program for Organisations and PHNs
Strengthen nurse capability and utilisation
Looking to recruit, upskill and retain competent, confident nurses in primary health care?
APNA is working with organisations including PHNs to provide professional and clinical development and support, to build capacity for nursing now and into the future.
With extensive experience in the delivery of highly successful, evidence-based national and tailored Transition to Practice Programs (TPP) in various primary health care settings, APNA has multiple foundational packages available to nurses and organisations including PHNs. Learn more about APNA's highly regarded NiPHC TPP.
Nurses new to primary health care can feel isolated and overwhelmed, while under-utilisation and limited professional development is reported by experienced nurses.
Participation in an orientation through the evidence-based framework of an APNA TPP builds the foundational knowledge and skills of transitioning nurses. Further enhancing competencies, confidence, and capacity of not only the nurses, but their workplace teams, to achieve better health outcomes in primary health care. Equally, experienced nurses thrive in the mentor role, leading to greater job satisfaction and retention for all nurse participants.
Commit to strengthening the capability and utilisation of your nurse workforce. Customise, purchase and package up a transition program to meet the needs of your nurses and broader community.
All programs focus on developing the transitioning nurses' skills development, career, and personal skills development and growth.
- View some of the education offered in the programs
- APNA has over 150 CPD hours on offer with specialised education only available through these packages
- An online self-assessment tool to assist nurses with prioritising and planning their education needs throughout the program.
Access to experienced nurses:
Transitioning nurses can be supported by a Registered Nurse or Nurse Practioner with four or more years experience in primary health care. APNA has access to experienced nurses in a variety of settings, many of whom have significant mentoring experience and/or are emerging nurse leaders in primary health care.
- Clinical and professional mentoring: Minimum of 20 hours of direct or indirect contact with a clinical and professional mentor or
- Small group learning: Regular small group learning facilitated by an experienced primary health care nurse, to support transitioning nurses in a small group learning environment
APNA encourages experienced nurses to get involved as a clinical and professional mentor or facilitator, and grow their career through education and learning
- All participants are required to provide regular feedback about the program to APNA.
APNA Program support:
- All participants (including mentors or facilitators) are supported by APNA throughout the program.
- APNA is happy to work with your PHN or organisaiton to create a Transition to Practice program that meets your needs
- Rebekah Cox: Program Manager
- Rosie Oldham: Project Officer
email@example.com or 1300 303 184
Please note this information is subject to change.