Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Careers and Education
Career and education resources, information and workshops available to help nurses working in aged care to achieve high quality care, innovation and continuous learning.
- Aged Care Nursing - WA Health (2020) - Video about how nurses working in the aged-care sector experience diverse, rewarding and autonomous responsibilities.
- Working in the care and support sector - Australian Government - Information for people considering a career in aged care.
- Nursing Courses in Aged Care Nursing - Nursing Course (2023) - Courses for nurses considering a career in aged care.
- Opportunities for nurses in aged care - Department of Health and Aged Care (2023) - Learn about the scholarships, transition programs, and clinical placements available to nurse interesting in working in the Aged Care sector.
- APNA's Online Learning Products - APNA - Free and paid for resources for primary care nurses on a range of topics.
- Equip Aged Care Learning Packages - University of Tasmania - Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre - Equip's packages are available for anyone working in the aged care sector, including nurses, personal care workers and families. Topics covered include demenita, oral health, palliative care and, coming soon, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Awareness.
- PCC4U - Palliative Care Curriculum for Undergraduates - PCC4U - Providing palliative care learning and teaching resources for entry-to-practice health programs.
We welcome feedback. Please let us know what you think of the Aged Care Knowledge Hub and what resources you would like to see included.
The Aged Care Knowledge Hub is supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care under the Aged Care Nursing Clinical Placements Program.