Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Research in aged care helps identify the best ways for older Australians to lead healthy, active and happy lives. Below we have gathered together information on the organisations leading research in this area, the best places to find statistical information and journal artices of interest.
- Aged care research and reporting - Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care (2023) - DOHAC undertakes research on aged care to understand how the aged care system in Australia is performing and identify any issues.
- Aged Care Research and Industry Innovation Australia (ARIIA) - ARIIA is an industry-led organisation established to engage with the sector to collaboratively lead and facilitate the positive transformation of aged care nationwide.
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) - The AIHW is an independent statutory Australian Government agency with more than 30 years of experience working with health and welfare data.
- National Ageing Research Institute (NARI) - NARI was the first academic centre in Australia focused on research and ageing in Australia.
- Pathways in Aged Care - GEN Aged Care Data - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2023) - The AIHW has created a link map, named Pathways in Aged Care (PIAC), that allows us to connect multiple types and instances of care for an individual over time.
- Knowledge Translation - ROSA (Registry of Senior Australians) (2022) - The ROSA Research Team has developed a number of infographics about major studies conducted by the team to help communicate and disseminate their work.
- Aged Care Reports and Data - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2023) - Reports and data released by the AIHW.
- COVID-19 outbreaks in Australian residential aged care facilities - Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care (2023) - Weekly snapshot of data on the impact of COVID-19 in residential aged care facilities nationally.
- GEN Aged Care Data - GEN, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2023) - GEN is a comprehensive “one–stop shop” for data and information about aged care services in Australia.
We welcome feedback. Please let us know what you think of the Aged Care Knowledge Hub and what resources you would like to see included.
The Aged Care Knowledge Hub is supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care under the Aged Care Nursing Clinical Placements Program.