Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Resources available to support nursing staff working in the aged care sector.
- Aged care workforce resources - Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care (2023) - A list of resources – including apps, audio and video resources and other publications – about the aged care workforce.
- Aged care worker screening guidelines - Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care (2023) - Guidelines to assist approved aged care providers with police certificate and NDIS Worker Screening requirements.
- Screening requirements for the aged care workforce - Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care (2023) - About the screening requirements for those wishing to work in aged care.
- Working with Children Checks - Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission - How to get a Working with Children background check.
- Online Police Check - Fit2Work - Equifax - Online police background check service.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check - Victorian Government - Department of Health (2023) - The NDIS Check is a way to ensure that people who work with NDIS participants do not present an unacceptable risk to participants.
- Black Dog Institute - The TEN Clinical Support Team has been funded by the Federal Government to support frontline health workers.
- Self Care Matters - Palliative Care Australia (2023) - Self-Care Matters is a Palliative Care Australia resource, which aims to support those working in palliative care to prevent burnout and build resilience.
- Staff Burnout - Aged Care Research & Industry Innovation Australia (ARIIA) (2023) - Burnout is the experience of feeling exhausted, ineffective, and mentally distanced from work. ARIIA shares their resources on tackling burnout in the aged care sector.
- Support for Healthcare Workers - Safer Care Victoria (2023) - Where to find mental health support for those working in Victoria.
- Nurse and Midwife Support (2023) - About mental health issuses affecting nurses and midwives such as anxiety and depression, and what support is available.
- Nursing and Midwifery Health Program Victoria - NMHPV offers free, confidential and independent assistance provided by experienced nurses and midwives.
- Beyond Blue (2023) - Charity offering mental health support.
We welcome feedback. Please let us know what you think of the Aged Care Knowledge Hub and what resources you would like to see included.
The Aged Care Knowledge Hub is supported by funding from the Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care under the Aged Care Nursing Clinical Placements Program.