Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Become a Clinical Nurse Facilitator
Clinical Nurse Facilitators are employed by APNA to guide and inspire Bachelor of Nursing Students through their placements in aged care, ensuring they reach their learning milestones.
If there are no opportunities currently listed below, please complete an enquiry form to register your interest.
We have an excellent opportunity for registered nurses to join APNA as casual Clinical Nurse Facilitators (CNF) in Brisbane.
Placements are onsite in aged care facilities near you, in two to six-week blocks, with six or eight students in each group.
We offer monthly payments, comprehensive training (including Mental Health First Aid and Cultural Safety), equipment, and clinical support as you go.
Want to find out more before applying? Join our information session on Tuesday 16 January at 4:30 pm (AEDT), and our team will be happy to answer any questions.
Ready to apply? Visit our ad on Seek and tell us why you are perfect for the role. We can't wait to hear from you!
Join us in growing the next generation of nurses and make a real impact on the aged care sector.
Primary Times Summer 2023-24
- The future of PHC nursing - Nurses as the champions of change
- APNA’s Workforce Survey - The times they are a’ changing
- APNA’s Aged Care Student Nurse Placement Program
- APNA steams ahead with its advocacy work
- Highlights from the 2023 APNA Festival of Nursing
- APNA Supports Singapore Study Tour
- Momentum is building – but more progress to come
- Transition to Practice goes global
- PT summer 2024 references
- Study Tour Projects
- Shining lights of primary health care nursing
- Evacuation planning - How to help vulnerable people prepare for natural disaster
- Empower your patients to build healthier habits
- Culturally safe sharing of knowledge
- Nursing and the law - How to protect yourself
- Diabetes in Australia and how primary health care nurses can help
- Disability advocacy - Standing up for the choices and rights of people with disability
- Break a leg – Not good luck if it’s osteoporosis!
Primary Times Winter 2023
- Social prescribing
- Sharing the care
- Working effectively in primary health with people who inject drugs
- Nurses transforming digital health: From idea to action
- WA’s first paramedic private practice model
- Quality dementia care must be prioritised
- School nurses – Transitioning to practice
- Introducing the new my health app!
- Building PHC nurses’ confidence to implement CISS in the workplace
- Improving care for people with intellectual disability - Removing barriers to general practice
- APNA Workforce Survey 2022 - Influencing policy and practice
- Supporting rural primary care
- Caring for children with acute rheumatic fever and rheumatic heart disease
- Primary retrieval nursing with the Royal Flying Doctor Service
- A quick guide to smoking cessation care for primary health care nurses
- Expanding nurse clinics across PHC settings
- It’s been a busy 6 months advocating for PHC nurses
- CEOs report - APNA’s impact continues to increase
Primary Times, Summer 2022-23
- Kickstart closure of hard-to-heal wounds
- Victoria’s information sharing reforms: What do PHC nurses need to know?
- HIV - Living longer and the PHC nurse’s role in care
- Primary health care nurses are not just a GP value-add
- Workforce, workforce, workforce: The biggest issue in aged care
- APNA hit the road in 2022
- APNA grows to provide more support for nurses
- Envisioning equitable health care in rural Australia
- Thargomindah Outpatients - A nurse-led clinic in remote southwest Queensland
- The future of PHC nursing - Get ready for an explosive growth in technology
- Strengthening Medicare Taskforce: How to modernise primary health care
- Nurse clinics: Optimising community access to primary health care
- APNA professional indemnity insurance: Are you covered?
- Supporting the families of seriously ill patients
- Hosting student nurses - Peter Irving supervises student nurses in a regional general practice
- The 'mature minor' - What to consider when an adolescent requests a COVID-19 vaccination against their parents’ wishes
- Helping patients achieve type 2 diabetes remission
- Care factor: The real-life benefits of putting nurses in charge
- Tackling Australia’s leading risk factor for heart attack: New report and practical tools for high cholesterol
Primary Times, Winter 2022
- The Healthy Male Partner’s Guide - What to do when your partner’s health impacts you
- Voluntary assisted dying - Andrew Denton on what it means to die well
- Prioritising CVD risk assessment and management for at-risk patient groups
- School nurses – the secret superheroes
- APNA comes of age! Celebrating 21 years of professional support and advocacy for primary health care nurses
- Nurse clinics - Improving the quality of life for people with palliative care needs
- Student nurse placements: Everyone wins!
- Practical uses of My Health Record in aged care
- Influenza pandemic planning - Preparing for winter 2022
- How to read the Nurses Award 2020
- Code Red: We need climate action now for a healthy future
- Strength in primary health care nurses, despite adversity
- APNA goes from strength to strength
- Anticholinergic burden - An overlooked problem
- What’s in a name? Reframing our language to better support patients living with chronic conditions
- Are you prepared for CVD prevention in a post-COVID world?
- Congratulations and thanks to all nurses who are continuing the fight against COVID-19
- Cancer care during COVID
- Strategies for a stronger primary health care workforce
- Nurses by the numbers
- Crisis response: APNA members deployed to western NSW to help fight COVID-19
- Leadership at all levels of primary health care nursing
- Every Nurse’s Business
- A team-based program providing complex care for veterans
- Infection Prevention Helpline
- Nurse cervical screening: Challenges to and opportunities for scope of practice
- COVID-19 ‘PulseCheck’ Survey
- Nurse clinics supporting the implementation of smoking-cessation strategies
- Nicotine vaping products for smoking cessation: what you need to know
- Don’t be a fossil fool: How nurses can talk about climate and health
- Could a routine blood test improve dementia outcomes, and transform care for people with symptoms and illnesses of the mind and brain?
- A support network for primary health care practitioners: Australia’s first online contraception and abortion community of practice for PHC
- New training for nurses: End of Life Law for Clinicians
- Supporting the emotional wellbeing of the health sector
- High-Vis nursing
- Lynne takes the lead on chronic disease
- Nurse-led service bridges health gap
- Brightening lives
- Let's eliminate racism from the health system
- COVID-19 impacts youth mental health
- Nursing and preventive health care
- Reflections on a preventable horror show
- Why I choose to work in aged care
- Let’s make life better for women
- It's time for big picture thinking
- Kate shines in testing times
- Sandy's a screen star
- Sugar hit
- In a year of sadness, it's time to focus on the guys
- The two of us
- A dying shame
- Kimberley care
- Beyond Covid, to Nurse 2022
- Shifting the focus on ageing