This workshop provides practical, comprehensive CPD for new and transitioning nurses, and those seeking an update on best practice in the GP setting.
Practice Incentives Program Quality Improvement Incentive
The Practice Incentives Program Quality Improvement Incentive is available to PIP registered general practices from 1 August.
The incentive is a payment to general practices for participating in continuous quality improvement activities to improve patient outcomes and deliver best practice care in partnership with their local PHN. Check eligibility criteria here.
There are two components a general practice needs to meet to qualify for a PIP QI Incentive payment:
- Participate in continuous quality improvement
- Provide the PIP eligible data set to your local Primary Health Network on a regular basis
Practices should note that 4 incentives cease on 31 July 2019:
- Asthma Incentive
- Quality Prescribing Incentive
- Cervical Screening Incentive
- Diabetes Incentive
These seven incentives do not change:
- eHealth Incentive
- After Hours Incentive
- Rural Loading Incentive
- Teaching Payment
- Indigenous Health Incentive
- Procedural General Practitioner Payment
- General Practitioner Aged Care Access Incentive
For more information check out:
- The official PIP QI Incentive Guidance page
- Frequently asked questions
- The Guidelines (Draft)
- The PIP Eligible Data Set Data Governance Framework
- Improvement Measures
- Medicare’s incentive update for more about the incentives
You’ll be able to register for the PIP QI Incentive online through HPOS from 1 August 2019 using your Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account. If you don’t have a PRODA account you can register for one. Go to humanservices.gov.au/hpos to log on and get more information.