Learning on the go with APNA online learning
APNA welcomes nurses, students and other professionals interested in primary health care to join the Association. Whether you want to begin or advance your career, support your staff or students, or keep connected to the primary health care space, the differing APNA membership types allow you to select the option that will fulfil your needs.
You will have access to the following:
- Up-to-date education and resources
- The latest industry news and guidelines
- Communities, expert advice, and support
- Insurance, Advocacy, and perks
APNA's membership year runs from April 1 to March 31. New member fees are calculated on a monthly pro-rata basis. There are currently three options for membership which are:
- Professional Member: This membership is for nurses, academics, and other professionals interested in primary health care. Only nurses under this membership are entitled to full voting rights. Find out more.
- Organisation Member: After membership for a team of nurses, academics or other professionals interested in primary health care? This one is for you. The membership covers at least four individuals, with the option to add more individuals to this membership at an additional cost. Only nurses under this membership are entitled to full voting rights. Find out more.
- Student Member: This membership is for undergraduate students only and entitles you to the weekly APNA Connect newsletter, access to the member-only Knowledge Hub on the website, and discounts on education. Student members are not allowed to vote. Find out more.
- Corporate Member: Do you have an organisation with more than 50 nurses? Contact corporate memberships at email@example.com. We can offer a corporate membership to suit your individual business needs. Do you work for a company that can benefit from a corporate membership? Refer your work, and we will discuss with your place of work the best membership options for them and all your colleagues. Find out more.
Q: How do I update my payment method for my membership?
A: You can do it on your APNA Dashboard > Manage my Membership > Update Payment Method. If not, you can call us, and we can do it that way 1300 303 184.
Q. I have an AHPRA/NMBA number, but I am returning as a student. Am I able to become a student member?
You can only be a student member if you have never been registered with AHPRA/NMBA. If you registered as an Enrolled Nurse after completing a TAFE course, and then later complete a Bachelor’s to get become an RN you would not be eligible for a Student Membership.
Q: I would like to subscribe to The Connect. How do I do this?
A: The following link will allow you to subscribe and will ensure you get information and updates only relevant to you: https://www.apna.asn.au/workflows/subscribe
Q: Can I have Professional Indemnity Insurance without an APNA membership?
APNA has worked closely with our insurance broker to create the APNA member Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy. Nurses must be current APNA members to add on Professional Indemnity Insurance. The APNA member Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed for primary health care nurses. For questions on Professional Indemnity Insurance, click here.
Q: Can you advise how I can change the password on my account?
Go to the APNA website > Click Login in the top right-hand corner. Clicking this will bring login fields up > Click Get a new password. This will then bring up the Get a new password page. Fill in your email address and click Get a new password. This will send you an email with a link to reset your password.
Q: I would like to cancel my membership, but I am still determining how.
When you sign up, you agree to our Membership and Installment Refund policy which states that an APNA membership cannot be cancelled or refunded. APNA is a year-long membership until 31 March and is not a month-by-month service. Members who join after 31 March agree to pay instalments up to 31 March the following year either by signature on a hardcopy form or ticking a box online.
If you have any questions about Professional Indemnity Insurance, you can click here.