Learning on the go with APNA online learning
7 reasons to renew in 2022 – Professional members
APNA membership and Professional Indemnity Insurance renewal is fast approaching - 31 March 2022. What you need to do to renew depends on if you pay in one annual payment or are on monthly membership instalments:
- One annual payment: If you pay your APNA memberhip (and Professional Indemnity Insurance) in one annual payment, you need to renew by 31 March 2022:
1. Login to your APNA account and go to your 'manage my membership' page.
2. Click on the button.
3. Follow the steps to renew. You can pay your membership via monthly instalments (recommended) or one annual payment.
- Monthly instalments with Professional Indemnity Insurance: If you pay membership via monthly instalments, it will automatically renew, but if you have Professional Indemnity Insurance you will still need to renew your insurance in one annual payment by 31 March 2022.
1. Login to your APNA account and go to your 'my insurance' page
2. Click on the button.
3. Follow the steps to renew your Professional Indemnity Insurance.
2022 is a big year for primary health care nurses, and APNA will be with you every step of the way - here are 7 reasons to renew in 2022:
Advocacy for primary health care nurses - This year, there’ll be a federal election, where the country has seen first-hand the worth of primary health care nurses. We’ll play a key role in raising the profile of your profession and advocating for strategies and solutions within the National Nursing Strategy that support the workforce.
COVID support when you need it - APNA is working closely with the federal and state Departments of Health, ensuring you get the inside word, most up-to-date and relevant information on COVID-19. Feel confident that you are informed during the evolving COVID-19 vaccine roll-out and beyond. Our members receive priority and free access to news, resources, and education.
Connecting you with other nurses - You will be part of a community of thousands of nurses working in primary health care. APNA’s new Online Member Community (with new features coming in 2022) and member-exclusive Facebook Group provides a space where members can post questions, discuss topics and share resources.
Providing you with an education that meets your needs - We’re refreshing how you learn with a new education strategy. We are providing more education than ever before with: new online learning content, relevant webinars, regular Nursing Australia podcast episodes, members-version of The Connect newsletter, bi-annual Primary Times magazine, NurseTalk events and more.
Helping you take the next step in your career - APNA created the Career and Education Framework to help nurses navigate primary health care. In 2022 we’ll embed the framework across our education offering to make it easier for you to upskill so you can take the next step in your career.
Showcasing primary health care and future-proofing the workforce - With your help, we’ll facilitate student nurse placements on a national scale. Together we’ll highlight the amazing work you do and create a pipeline of great nurses choosing to work in primary health care.
Nurse experts as your ‘phone a friend’ - We are only a phone call away with access to the member-only APNA Nurse Support Line staffed by dedicated expert nurse consultants. We’ll help steer you through the unknown.