Foundations of General Practice : A workbook for nurses
Simplifying Medicines & Other Management Strategies for COPD
During 2014 there were six new medicines released onto the market for COPD and two new inhaler devices. In 2015 more medicines for COPD are anticipated. A new evidence-based Concise Guide for Primary Care on the diagnosis and management of COPD was also launched.
This workshop will:
- Provide an overview of the medicines available for COPD on the PBS including categories of medicines,
- Explain recommendations for the introduction of medicines as the disease progresses,
- Facilitate hands-on opportunities for participants to try the new inhaler devices and explore suitability of inhalers for different patient groups,
- Introduce a simple way to support correct inhaler technique,
- Demonstrate how to build recommendations from the COPD-X Guidelines into everyday practice,
- Clarify the role of the nurse in COPD management, and
- Present case studies for discussion.
Cost: $15 inc GST / APNA Members FREE