APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
Population Health for Nurses
This module consists of seven sections:
- Section 1: What is population health?
- Section 2: How is population health relevant to general practice and nurses in general practice?
- Section 3: What is population health data and how is it accessed and used?
- Section 4: What funding and support is available for population health?
- Section 5: How do we know interventions have improved population health outcomes?
- Section 6: Identifying the opportunities to expand population health activities in general practice
- Section 7: Summary
You need to progress through each section and complete all activities to attain a Certificate of Completion.
1 hour / 1 CPD hour
About the Author
The module has been developed by the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association with funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
After completing this module you should be able to:
- Describe how a population health approach can be implemented in general practice,
- Understand how to gather and use data and information to support evidence based practice,
- Recognise the importance of planning and monitoring population health interventions to identify improved health outcomes, and
- Reflect on opportunities and support available to expand population health activities in general practice.
Suitable for nurses working in primary health care including general practice.
What you’ll get
At the completion of each module you will be presented with a brief online assessment that will test your underpinning knowledge.
To fully complete the course and claim your full CPD hours, we recommend you also complete the corresponding survey at the end. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
Once you have completed all sections of the course, a certificate will be available next to the course name in the ‘My Training’ section of APNA Online Learning.