Learning on the go with APNA online learning
137 - Foundations of Wound Management
This education activity will provide the foundations of basic wound assessment and management including information to enable informed dressing selection.
- Can describe the basic anatomy, physiology and assessment of wounds, including normal healing and factors that impact on healing.
- Have improved understanding of evidence based practice principles in basic wound care and dressing selection.
- Develop understanding around the principles and techniques of debridement.
- Can describe the presentations of chronic and acute wounds, their management considerations and how they differ.
- Can describe the basic difference between venous and arterial wounds.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.