Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Foundations of Wound Management
This education activity will provide the foundations of basic wound assessment and management including information to enable informed dressing selection.
- Can describe the basic anatomy, physiology and assessment of wounds, including normal healing and factors that impact on healing.
- Have improved understanding of evidence based practice principles in basic wound care and dressing selection.
- Develop understanding around the principles and techniques of debridement.
- Can describe the presentations of chronic and acute wounds, their management considerations and how they differ.
- Can describe the basic difference between venous and arterial wounds.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.