APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
Webinar: Enhanced Capability in Family Planning - Obesity, Chronic Disease & Fertility
This webinar compliments the online course - Obesity Chronic Disease and Fertility - currently available for primary health care nurses through APNA Online Learning.
This webinar will help nurses:
- Understand the impact of chronic diseases and risk factors on fertility, the subsequent impact on antenatal care and birth outcomes,
- Identify issues relating to overweight and obesity, and the role of weight in fertility, pregnancy, birth and birth outcomes,
- comprehend the impact on fertility, pregnancy and birth outcomes of specific chronic diseases such as diabetes, mental health problems, epilepsy, and autoimmune disorders,
- Improve understanding of the valuable role that PHC nurses have in promoting, and encouraging fertility awareness and planned pregnancies to clients within their care, and
- Identify strategies to better engage with both male and female clients in relation to their fertility and their future pregnancy planning options. (May integrate with one of the other objectives).