Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Webinar: Enhanced Capability in Family Planning - Adolescent Fertility & Pregnancy
This webinar provides an overview of adolescent fertility and pregnancy, including strategies to identify at risk young women, the risk taking behaviours and their potential implications on adolescent fertility and how to insert these conversations into your workflow. You will also be given information on a variety of contraceptive methods and the implications of untreated sexually transmitted infections (STIs) on future fertility as well as the many issues relating to adolescent pregnancy including resources and support services.
An overview of the Family Planning Decision Support Tool will be provided.
This webinar compliments the online course - Enhancing Knowledge of Adolescent Fertility - currently available for primary health care nurses through APNA Online Learning.
This webinar will:
- Identify strategies to identify at risk young women,
- Feel confident to provide information and referral to young women on contraceptive choices,
- Discuss STI testing and referrals for drug and alcohol services with their clients,
- Be confident to provide information on pregnancy options, and
- Identify referral services.