Learning on the go with APNA online learning
131 - Foundations of Medicine Management
This education will provide you with the key considerations of managing medicines safely in the primary health care setting.
- The National Medicines Policy and Quality Use of Medicines.
- The purpose of relevant legislation including state and territory Drugs and Poisons Acts and how to access information on these.
- Factors that impact adversely on medication safety.
- A person centred approach to support informed adherence and enhance a person or their carer’s health literacy about medicines.
- Reducing clinical or procedural mistakes in assisting or administering medicines.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.