APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
Basic Life Support
This course will provide an understanding of:
- the steps involved in conducting effective basic life support,
- the purpose of conducting cardiopulmonary resuscitation, otherwise referred to as CPR,
- how to assess a situation, identify dangers and call for help,
- how to assess a patient's airway and manage airway obstructions,
- how to perform rescue breathing and chest compressions, and
- procedures for and risks associated with the use of an automated external defibrillator, or AED.
This course provides theoretical knowledge which aligns to the National Standards, however the online functionality does not include an assessment component to enable certification of accreditation.
The course features:
- Adaptics - Kineo's unique approach to refresher training,
- professional audio,
- animation and interactivity,
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility,
- multi-device compatible,
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
This course is designed for nurses and other health care workers employed in acute, community and aged care settings.