APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
Foundations of Chronic Disease Management
Nurses in primary health care contribute to a healthy Australia through innovative, informed and dynamic care. This education activity will provide you with an understanding of chronic disease management in Australia and how primary health care nurses can play a vital role.
- How to use data to identify chronic disease/high risk patients
- Outlining the risk factors for chronic disease
- Describing the Chronic Care Model
- Initiating chronic disease management in practice and the role of the nurse
- Identifying the Medicare Benefits Schedule funding options for chronic disease management
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.