Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Foundations of Spirometry in Primary Health Care
This education will provide fundamental level of awareness for PHCNs to confidently undertake quality spirometry; and support patients to undertake spirometry in the primary health care clinical setting.
- Understand the purpose of spirometry.
- Be familiar with requirements for performing safe and quality spirometry.
- Develop confidence to support and coach patients to produce quality spirometry.
- Develop confidence in spirometry terminology, spirometry results and clinical implications.
- Consider ways to influence the impact of respiratory conditions at a patient, organisational and community level.
- Understand the importance of the nurse role in creating an environment of safety and quality improvement; developing systems supporting patients to manage their respiratory conditions proactively.
- Understand guidelines for spirometry, and how to access information and resources to support evidence based, patient centred practice.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.