Foundations of General Practice : A workbook for nurses
Refugee Health: Making a Difference
The key concept of this workshop is to provide a suite of information and resources enabling you to increase your knowledge and understanding of refugee healthcare within a primary health setting for people from a refugee background. The aim of this workshop is to provide increased knowledge of the management of refugee health in primary care and to deliver this in an effective and interactive manner, leaving you enlightened and inspired with the idea of wanting to make a difference.
This workshop will cover:
- Refugee healthcare – An orientation
- Why the primary care setting is most appropriate to care for people with a refugee background, interpreter services, effective communication and understanding cultural sensitivity
- Common health needs, the barriers, considering physical, emotional and social needs
- Components of a refugee health assessment Case study involving participation and discussion
- Q&A panel comprising nurses from various primary health care settings answering your questions
- Building a Refugee Nurse Network.
Presented by Andrea Vancia, Louise Lee, Chris Allotta, Leeanne Schmidt, Sara Drew, Darrlena Mogg and Yvonne Hermes