Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Foundations of ECG
This education activity will cover the basics of the anatomy and physiology of the heart and how to conduct and interpret an ECG.
- An awareness of the indications for collecting and monitoring an ECG in the primary care environment.
- An understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, including the cardiac cycle.
- An understanding of the symptoms of common cardiac conditions, including acute and chronic disease.
- A knowledge of validated tools used for the assessment of cardiac function.
- An awareness of actions to take when identifying an abnormal ECG trace.
- Enhanced skills in reading an ECG and identifying common indicators of cardiac conditions.
- Developed local knowledge of cardiac referral pathways. This knowledge is essential for nurses to understand the context of their practice and patients.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.