Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Foundations of Facilitating Behaviour Change
This education activity will provide you with the tools to have powerful conversations with your patients and engage them in their own health and wellbeing.
- Improve understanding of enhanced management of chronic conditions using: identified program-based approaches for self-management, motivational interviewing, coaching and its application to practice.
- Improve understanding of the importance of continuity of care and working with other providers.
- Improve understanding and awareness the importance of a holistic approach to care.
- Improve understanding and awareness of resources for self-management.
- Improve understanding of “stages of change’ model, how to assess readiness to change, avoid resistance to change, identify potential barriers and the importance of goal setting.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.