Foundations of General Practice : A workbook for nurses
The module features:
- Palliative care definitions and concepts,
- Illness trajectories,
- Assessing palliative care needs,
- Assessment and management of pain,
- Effective communication strategies,
- Advance care planning and ethics, and
- Implementing and delivering a palliative approach.
2 hour / 2 CPD hours
Cost: $77 inc GST / APNA Members FREE
About the Author
The module has been developed by Jane Phillips, RN PhD, Professor Palliative Nursing, School of Nursing Sydney, Notre Dame University for the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association with funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- the principles necessary for effective assessment and management of patients palliative care needs
- effective communication strategies in the context of patients responses to loss and grief, existential challenges, uncertainty and changing goals of care, and
- strategies required to work collaboratively with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to effectively meet patients and their families palliative care needs; and understand your duty of care in relation to patients who require a palliative approach.
Suitable for nurses working in primary health care including general practice
What you’ll get
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save a certificate of completion. Upon completion you will be awarded 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours.