Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Foundations of Triage in Primary Health Care
This education will provide nurses with information to build knowledge, skills and confidence on the basic principles of triage.
- Improved understanding of workplace structures and policies required to support effective and safe care for patients.
- Improved understanding of the prioritisation of urgent, non-urgent and complex care presentations.
- Increased understanding of the need for a triage framework within the workplace to support the telephone and face to face triage process.
- Development of sound skills and systems around the primary and secondary survey including when to escalate and seek further advice.
- Improved understanding of the importance of documentation during triage.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.