Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Foundations of Change Conversations and Negotiation in the Workplace
This education activity has been developed for nurses new to primary health care. It aims to provide nurses with the necessary skills and confidence to have conversations in their workplaces about issues that affect them on a daily basis.
These conversations include, but are not limited to: support for learning opportunities, developing or optimising scope of practice, and wages and conditions.
After completing this activity you should be able to:
- Understand the interpersonal conflicts commonly encountered in primary health care nursing
- Recognise the principles of change management and its importance in primary health care
- Effectively apply communication and negotiation skills in your everyday work life
- Initiate and engage in challenging conversations with the aim to affecting positive change, and
- Pursue strategies to promote your wellbeing and mental health within challenging workplace environments.
Suitable for all nurses working in primary health care including general practice.