APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
The Official Aseptic Non Touch Technique eLearning Course
This course by the Association for Safe Aseptic Technique (ASAP) provides official accreditation for ANTT theory applied to clinical practice. It teaches healthcare workers how to apply the ANTT Clinical Practice Framework to clinical practice using the ANTT-Approach.
ANTT has become the most widely used standard for aseptic technique in healthcare internationally and is being established as a universal practice language for aseptic technique. It is used in nearly 20 countries, is the de facto standard for aseptic technique across the English National Health Service (NHS) and is being adopted rapidly across Australia.
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- demonstrate the application of effective aseptic technique with ANTT
- demonstrate safe aseptic technique for complex and simple invasive procedures including the maintenance of invasive medical devices
- demonstrate the universal clinical practice language for ANTT including:
- demonstrate the Principles and Safeguards of ANTT
- demonstrate the fundamental concept of Key-Part and Key-Site protection
- demonstrate the explicit aim of aseptic technique
- demonstrate advanced and flexible aseptic field management
- demonstrate Surgical-ANTT and Standard-ANTT
- demonstrate conventional and advanced non touch technique, and
- be able to apply the ANTT-Approach to any clinical practice.
- professional audio
- video examples
- animation and interactivity
- summative assessment, and
- a certificate of completion.
Target audience: This course is designed for healthcare clinicians who are required to carry out invasive clinical procedures and tasks as part of their scope of practice.
Duration: approx 50 minutes to 1 hour
Cost: $49.50 inc GST / APNA Members $37.12