Foundations of General Practice : A workbook for nurses
Enhancing Knowledge of Adolescent Fertility
This course has been developed to provide primary health care nurses with an overview of adolescent fertility, including contraceptive methods, implications of untreated sexually transmitted infections (STIs) on future fertility, risk taking behaviours and their potential implications on adolescent fertility and issues relating to adolescent pregnancy.
After completing this course, you will have an enhanced knowledge of reproductive and sexual health (RSH) and increased confidence in shared decision making with patients whilst improving communication, health prevention, health promotion and education.
The course seeks to enhance your knowledge of reproductive and sexual health (RSH).
For your optimal learning experience, the course has been divided into sections that cover:
- an overview of adolescent fertility in Australia,
- the contraceptive methods available,
- the impact of STIs on future fertility,
- issues relating to adolescent pregnancy, and
- risk taking behaviours and their potential implications on adolescent fertility.
Approximately 1 hour / 1 CPD hour
About the Author
This online module was developed by the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) with funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- Understanding reproductive and sexual health (R&SH),
- Understanding of adolescent fertility and risk factors facing young people relating to reproductive and sexual health,
- Applying health prevention, health promotion and education with adolescent patients,
- Communicating with young people about their reproductive and sexual health, and
- Supporting young people with their reproductive and sexual health.
Suitable for nurses working in primary health care including general practice.
What you’ll get
At the completion of each module you will be presented with a brief online assessment that will test your underpinning knowledge.
To fully complete the course and claim your full CPD hours, we recommend you also complete the corresponding survey at the end. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
Once you have completed all sections of the course, a certificate will be available next to the course name in the ‘My Training’ section of APNA Online Learning.