Learning on the go with APNA online learning
General Practice Financing
This online learning program has been designed to provide you with an understanding of general practice financing mechanisms.
This course looks at; Australian general practice funding, provides an introduction to the financing of healthcare, funding mechanisms, changes to financing in Australia and funding for practice nurses.
Approximately 1.5 hours / 1.5 CPD hours
Cost: $57.75 inc GST / APNA Members FREE
About the Author
This online module was developed by the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) with funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
This online module was reviewed and updated in 2020.
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of general practice financing mechanisms. It will enable them to:
- describe key financing mechanisms used to fund general practice activities,
- describe how mechanisms have been used to fund general practice activities in Australia,
- outline some of the ways that current financing mechanisms influence nursing employment in general practice,
- analyse some of the opportunities new funding mechanisms present for nurses in general practice, and
- reflect on the opportunities and challenges that may be created through changes to general practice financing mechanisms.
Suitable for nurses working in primary health care including general practice.
What you’ll get
At the completion of each module you will be presented with a brief online assessment that will test your underpinning knowledge.
To fully complete the course and claim your full CPD hours, we recommend you also complete the corresponding survey at the end. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
Once you have completed all sections of the course, a certificate will be available next to the course name in the ‘My Training’ section of APNA Online Learning.