Learning on the go with APNA online learning
Clinical Care Education and Resources Bundle
For eligible nurses, this in-depth APNA Education Bundle can be fully-funded by the Health Workforce Scholarship Program. For more information visit: www.apna.asn.au/education/education-bundles
This Clinical Care Education and Resources Bundle consists of a number of professional development learning activities and resources which aims to build your nursing capacity and develop you into a strong clinical leader, able to provide high quality clinical care to support the health and wellbeing of Australian communities. Without continuing professional development in specific clinical areas of care, knowledge gaps may negatively impact on the ability to provide quality and essential services.
This bundle includes the registration cost to an APNA Conference. Apply now to secure your spot at the APNA Conference Roadshow.
Duration and average hours required
12 months, can start at any time with access to up to 56 hours of CPD in total (including up to 24 CPD hours from APNA Conference attendance)
How to apply and access the fully-funded education
Learn more about the fully-funded APNA Education Bursary Bundles and view step-by-step instructions to apply here: www.apna.asn.au/education/education-bundles
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on (03) 9322 9500.
Overarching themes and topics of this APNA Education Bundle:
- Assessment and Triage - The basic principles of assessment and triage (whether face to face or through use of technology) are fundamental to all areas of primary health care nursing and provide a solid foundation to deliver effective, safe and competent patient care no matter the setting. By developing the knowledge and skills required to triage and plan care – expected and unexpected – primary health care nurses will continue to offer a high quality of care in the Australian primary health care setting and help to meet the growing need for these services.
- Multiple condition specific education activities including understanding the risks, the assessment and condition management for things such as cardiovascular disease, asthma and other respiratory conditions, sexually transmitted diseases, blood borne virus, haemochromatosis, sickle cell disease and ocular conditions.
- Education for knowledge development in areas such as pharmacology, basic life support, medicines management, healthy kids checks, peripheral intravenous cannulation, electrocardiography, spirometry use of doppler to calculate ABPI and, ear Cerumen management (ear irrigation).
- Decision support tools to use during assessment such as the family planning decision support tool to support information around contraception, family planning, fertility awareness and reproductive health.
- Wound Management - providing the foundations of basic wound assessment and management including information to enable informed dressing selection and including information on the basic anatomy, physiology, and assessment of wounds, including normal healing and factors that impact on healing. Inclusive of developing evidence based practice principles in basic wound care and dressing selection, exploring the principles and techniques of debridement as well as presentations of chronic and acute wounds, their management considerations and how they differ (including venous and arterial wounds)
- Understanding core themes that will provide understanding of Scope of Practice, looking at the term ‘scope of practice’ in the context of a nurse working in primary health care including the regulatory and professional aspects of scope of practice and professional decision making. Exploring opportunities for practice and identifying the required scope of practice of nurses to meet patient and client needs.
- Opportunities to learn, connect and re-energise with events that provide the latest clinical guidance and information to enhance scope of practice and discover new ways to provide better patient care as well as connect with other nurses from various primary health care settings, engage with brands that help you care for your patients and meet experts who can provide advice and feel empowered to be the best nurse you can be and incorporate learnings into practice.
- Provision of professional development is undertaken through a variety of modalities including online or face to face education modules, workshops and webinars.