Learning on the go with APNA online learning
This module has been developed to provide an understanding of pertussis in Australia. It looks at immunisation rates, symptoms, preventing pertussis using various strategies, incentives and delivering immunisation services.
1 hour / 1 CPD hour
About the Author
This online module was developed by the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) and was reviewed and updated in 2020.
The module will provide you with an understanding of:
- stages, signs and symptoms, diagnosis and prevention of pertussis in Australia,
- pertussis immunisation rates,
- opportunistic immunisation and exemption circumstances,
- the Practice Nurse Incentive Program (PNIP),
- a nurse’s role in immunisation and duty of care,
- improving practice immunisation rates, and
- effective systems for general practice nurses to deliver immunisation services.
This course is aimed at nurses who already have a basic understanding of vaccinations and immunising. If you don’t feel you have the adequate knowledge about what immunisation and vaccinations are, please refer to the online learning ‘Immunisation’ course
Please note: Due to the regular updates made to the National Immunisation Handbook, this course will refer to ‘The National Immunisation Handbook’ as being the latest edition printed on the Australian Immunisation Website found.
What you’ll get
Once you’ve finished the module, you’ll be able to download and save a certificate of completion.