APNA's definition of primary health care nursing covers health, scope of practice, primary health care, roles and settings. We also explore general practice nursing and Phillips et al. six roles of the general practice nurse.
Risky alcohol use in primary health
This course has been designed to provide you with an introduction to Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) for addressing risky alcohol use in primary health.
This course was last updated in 2021.
1 hour / 1 CPD hour
Cost: $38.50 inc GST / APNA Members FREE
About the Author
This course has been co-developed by APNA and Southcity Clinic at Bayside Medicare Local based on training materials developed by Rosemary Cluett and Jock Mackenzie.
After completing this course, you will have an understanding of SBIRT and be able to:
- recognise risky drinking and its harms,
- advise patients on standard drinks and the NHMRC alcohol guidelines,
- engage patients about their drinking,
- conduct SBIRT in your practice,
- support your colleagues to conduct SBIRT, and
- champion alcohol awareness in your clinic.
Suitable for nurses working in primary health care including general practice.