Professional indemnity insurance for APNA members to 31 March 2020 for $110
Risk Prevention Nurse Clinic project
Interested in starting a Risk prevention and healthy lifestyle nurse clinic?
Want to build your health coaching skills over the next 12 months?
The Risk Prevention Nurse Clinic project will support four general practices to establish nurse clinics focused on risk prevention and healthy lifestyles. With funding from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services to deliver the project from July 2019 to June 2020, successful organisations will receive $10,000 grant funding.
Risk screening, guided by the Health Check* tool and health coaching, will be key components delivered by the lead nurse, in supporting patients to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Risk screening will focus on risk factors related to: diabetes, heart, stroke, kidney disease and osteoporosis.
General practices within the Ballarat Goldfields and Wimmera Grampians regions of the Western Victoria Primary Health Network (WestVic PHN) are invited to apply.
Applications open - Apply NOW
- To improve risk assessment for chronic disease in patients through the use of the Health Check* tool
- To increase patients’ interest in a healthier lifestyle through nurse clinic support
- To embed health coaching as a key skill to engage patients in healthy living
What you need to know
Successful applicants will agree to:
- Use the Health Check* tool with patients during risk assessment for chronic disease
- Adopt a health coaching approach to support patients to live a healthier life
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the project
APNA support includes:
$10,000 grant funding to support nurse clinic implementation
Professional development, including health coaching education provided over the entire project
- Introductory two day workshop, 22 and 23 August, Ballarat
How to apply
Applications open NOW and close Monday 1 July 2019 (midnight).
Successful applicants will be notified by Monday 15 July 2019.
Application Guidelines here
Contact Linda Govan, APNA Project Manager for further information
e Linda.Govan@apna.asn.au p 1300 303 184
* The Health Check tool is an Integrated Risk Assessment Tool for Chronic Disease developed in 2017 by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with the National Vascular Disease Prevention Alliance and Victorian Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance.